I have heard horror stories from many homeowners about their experiences with companies and individuals they have hired to complete home improvement projects. I have also been called in to fix the shoddy workmanship after the fact. Please, please follow these five tips when having work done on your home:
1) Always ask for proof of prior work and the ability to connect with prior customers.
2) Check with the Better Business Bureau to determine if there is a history of problems with the company or individual.
3) Find out what type of insurance they carry. Do they have liability insurance? Are they covered by WSIB?
4) Get multiple quotes and remember that cheaper is not always better. A price that is significantly lower than other quotes could indicate the use of sub-standard materials, cutting corners or a general lack of experience which will yield poor results.
5) Never pay someone all of the money upfront or until all work has been completed.
Benzinger Home Improvement, Ltd.
"We are fortunate to know such a talented craftsman especially in these times when they are very hard to find. We recommend Rob wholeheartedly!"
"He has a deep understanding of all house renovation projects and I have yet to find one he can't do."
"He does quality work and is very efficient, reliable and trustworthy."
Site powered by Weebly. Managed by Web Hosting Canada